Re: The Lang Challenge

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The Lang Challenge
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 09:46:00 +0600 (EDT)
On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Bob Lang wrote:

> How about a challenge:
>
> I'll drive my car to Winona, MN next year and I'll put up a yet to be
> determined prize to anyone else who drive a min. of 500 miles each way to
> the event who can drive the AutoX faster than me with a raw time. I'll
> even concede that my Hoosier tires will be 3 years old (antique in the
> race tire world) to level the field.
>
> Any takers???

Well, Bob, I'd gladly pick up that gauntlet. However, if I have a car to
DRIVE to Winona, it'll be either a 948 Herald saloon or a 1966 2000 sedan,
neither of which is likely to better your raw times in an autocross. How
about an "index" of performance? :-)

--Andy, who rode quite comfortably (thank you) to and from Fort Worth in
Bob's TR6