Re: fiberglass transmission tunnels

To: Adrian Jefferies <asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk>
Subject: Re: fiberglass transmission tunnels
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 11:16:07 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumph cars list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Adrian Jefferies wrote:

> hi
>
> Vic Whitmore (vicwhit@octonline.com) asked about home-brew trans covers:
>

>  You asked if anyone had made up a fibreglass trans tunnel using the original
>  as a mo[u]ld - My TR4 has a (I presume) home made tunnel using this method.
>  Seems to work, although its quite old now & is starting to break up a bit.
>  Whoever made it did a reasonable job, although its probably fractionally
>larger
>  than the original.
>
>  I'd like to meet the previous owners of my car - wonder who they were?
>  --
>
>  Regards, Adrian + TR4
>                  asj@fjcomp.com

        They may have bought it from The Roadster Factory. Until they
        started offering the vacu-formed plastic job, the tranny cover
        they sold was fiberglass... I know... I bought one... Mine is
        getting a little tatty too. This winter Iplan to repair it...
        You can do that with fiberglass, don'tcha know...

        TTFN
        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois