Re: Brake Power Boost Unit

To: ewcorco@erenj.com
Subject: Re: Brake Power Boost Unit
From: Glenn Franco <gfranco@provide.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 22:18:06 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
ewcorco@erenj.com wrote:

> Has anyone ever done a rebuild from a kit on the TR6 brake booster?  Mine's
> out of commission and I notice that TRF has two kits for it.  I'm not sure
> what's wrong with it but I do know it's not working......can I get it
> off/apart without bleeding the system?  Thanks in advance for any info.....
>
> Ned Corcoran
> 1971 TR6
Ned  don't bother. I have rebuilt everything I could including the
master cylinder with good success. Unless you have a special fixture to
separate the two halves of the booster. Then you need a source for the
diaphram and valves. The kits offered don't usually include this stuff.

Unfortunately I bit the bullet and bought new from TRF although
expensive is well worth it.

good luck

Glenn Franco

71 & 74 TR6'S