Re: Shoddy work (kinda long, but isn't most of my stuff :-)?)

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Shoddy work (kinda long, but isn't most of my stuff :-)?)
From: Michael Burdick <mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:43:54 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Barry,

Your tale of woe brings back vivid memories of crappy work done to my car
by others :-(  After the last go-round with a butt-headed mechanic, I have
vowed never to let anyone else work on the Spit.  A bit drastic, but I've
managed to keep that promise to myself so far.

One of the things I have done for myself is a four wheel alignment.  It's
really not that hard although it does take a bit of time.  I spent the
better part of a Saturday afternoon getting it done, but part of that time
was in developing some of the "tools" required, so next time it shouldn't
take so long.

The method I followed came from the team.net archives.  You should be able
to find it from the team.net net home page - I think it's in the autocross
section.  (I got it via ftp before this new-fangled WWW stuff existed!)
If you can't find it and are interested in giving it a shot, I can
probably dig up a copy and email it to you.

Good luck,
Mike
'70 Spit, '76 Spit (soon to be gone), '72 Stag, '64 TR4
Omaha NE