overheating?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: overheating?
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:43:47 -0500
(snip) My question to the group is this, if I use an instrument to test the temp
>of the coolant, what temp should it be? 180 degrees? 200 degrees? (snip)

it should be about the temp specified by your thermostat, but you're in the
ball park, thermostats tend to be somewhere between 160 and 195°, if your
coolant temp is less than 200° when you've driven it and the gauge has gone
to top of scale, I'd be suspicious of voltage stabilizer or the temp
sender, looking forward to other listers' thoughts
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  Ilinois license plates "SPIT BOY"   VTR #11526
*Spit happens*