Re: GT6 brakes dragging/no adjuster [reposted]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 brakes dragging/no adjuster [reposted]
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 01:10:12 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Martin_A._Secrest@neb.voa.gov
Martin;

Starting with KE20,000 self adjusting rear brakes were fitted along with the
Spitfire swing spring rear suspension. However, I would imagine that even
with self adjusting brakes there must be someway to back the shoes away from
the drum or you'd never get the drum off. Dragging sounds like the drums are
out of round and need to be turned. My Toyota had self adjusting brakes and
the way you backed them off was through a port stamped in the backing plate
that was sealed with a rubber plug. My 69 Mustang was the same way but you
had to punch out a section of the backing plate (honestly :-) before you
could adjust the brakes. I would assume (there's that word again) that the
Triumph self adjusting brake would be similar. Hopefully, someone else on the
list has a MkIII shop manual and can shed some light on this conundrum.

Greg Wolf
70 GT6+
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Winnipeg MB Canada