SMOG II

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SMOG II
From: Tom Monson <monson@jaguar.sr.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 13:35:02 -0800 (PDT)
Cc: monson@sr.hp.com
I'd like to appeal to any '70 Spitfire MK III owners for carb/dist info.
In attempting to smog my MK III, I've been informed that because my single
Stromberg is only stamped "CD", not "150CD", that it must be the wrong carb.
Looked at my '74 and it is the same way.  The state says that it's got to
have a 150CDSE, I say this is the carb it's always had (certainly for the
~12 years I've owned it and passed smog checks...).  The're also not happy
with the "vacuum signal" to the distributer.  Mine has a hose running from the
vac. retard diaphram on the dist to a fitting sticking up from the carb base
(spacer?).  Could fellow Calif. legal, '70 MKIII owners please describe
what you have?

Thanks,
Tom Monson