RE: Triumph Carbs

To: "'JimG1375@aol.com'" <JimG1375@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Triumph Carbs
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 22:07:21 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Jim,

Thanks for all your suggestions. In retrospect I suspect that I could
have solved my leak problem by trying to analyze exactly what was
causing the leak and attacking that.

However, I did decide the rebuild rout since I only wanted to deal with
the carbs once if possible. I got all the parts locally (a supplier here
stocks Moss rebuild kits) and was able to do the rebuild in a weekend
(my first time, next time will be much quicker). I just tuned the carbs
today and took the car out for a spin.

Needless to say the difference in awesome. Apart from the lack of leaks,
the car runs much smoother. It is quite a nitceable difference. I would
highly recommend a rebuild if your carbs are fairly old and the rest of
your car is tuned up (ie. ignition and valves). You will be quite
pleased.

It would definitely make a great winter project. Only down side is that
you'd have to wait til spring to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Take care,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada