MK2 spitfire alternator conversion??

To: "'triumph list submission'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MK2 spitfire alternator conversion??
From: "Lukin, Gavin" <GLukin@nibupls1.telstra.com.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:35:00 +1000
Last night while driving home in my MK3 spitfire (mk2 motor), my
generator died, followed closely by my battery.
I'm thinking now would be a good time to convert from generator to
alternator.
Has any one else done this conversion???
What alternator will be easiest to mount (preferably bosh)???
What modifications need to be made to the wiring???

Could you please mail me directly, as I am on so many car lists, I can't
read them.

Thanks in advance

Gavin Lukin      glukin@nibupls1.telstra.com.au
Sydney Australia
1978 Triumph TR7 FHC 2.0 5spd A/C BRG sunroof sprint mags twin SU's
1969 Triumph MK3 Spitfire (mk 2 motor)
1959 Austin Healy MK1 Sprite (empty schell)
196? Austin Healy MK2 Sprite (Badly pranged, in need of a shell)