Carpet information

Subject: Carpet information
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 11:57:59 -0500
Hi all!

I had been unsuccessfully trying to find a nice brown carpet set for my
1968 Spit Mk3 last year to get it into (totally non-original) shape for
the regional we put on.  The shade I was looking for was a walnut color
-- dark brown with not much red in it.  The only ones VB and Special
Interest carried were a horrible burnt orange color they called "saddle"
and black, so I turned to other sources, including making one myself
(darn, that carpet material is expensive!  $12 a foot!).  I finally was
in Pep Boys (auto parts and service store) one day and happened past
their floor mat and carpet section, and saw they had about 25 color
selections, so I checked and yes indeed, they stocked a kit for the
Spit!  They have to order them from the carpet company, but it only took
about a week and a half, and when I got it, it was perfect!  The only
thing it did not have were the snaps to attach it to the floor pans, but
it did have foam padding under the pertinent parts and it was edged and
fit well.

If you do not have a Pep Boys near you and need a specific car/color
carpet, let me know and I can either check there or get the name and
phone number of the carpet company for you.  They would not sell direct
(I tried...) but may be able to get a carpet to you through a store in
your area!  I do not remember if they did any other models of Triumphs,
but would be happy to check if someone needs me to!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   %)
Dallas, Texas