RE: Leaking Fluids

To: "'Jason Burden'" <jason@clinic.net>
Subject: RE: Leaking Fluids
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:58:19 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Check in order:

1. fuel lines to carbs,
2. float chamber plugs (on underside of carbs) - these have o-rings
which dry and/or wear out over time,
3. float bowl gaskets.

These can all be checked without removing the carbs. If this does not
identify the leak, you are probably looking at rebuilding the carbs. At
least that's exactly what I just did and for the same reasons (ie. a
leak).

Other more experienced listers amy have better suggestions but this
worked for me (so far, fingers crossed, knocking on wood).

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada