100,000 mile service

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 100,000 mile service
From: Ben@seiph.umds.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 14:13:04 +0000
Dear all,

I, or rather the car, reached the magic zero miles last week predictably nearly
coming off the road while we
watched the five little drums rotate all at once. Ah little things...

Anyway, not knowing fully the service history earlier than the last 10,000
miles or so I have decided to carry out a
full service. Here's what I intend to do:

Change brake fluid, engine oil, rear axle oil, gear box oil, coolant, air
filters, oil filter, spark plugs, points, distributor.
Lubricate steering rack, water pump, wheel bearings and swivel joints,
handbrake guides, cam spindle, carb
dampers and controls, door parts.
Check tyres, fan belt, carb balance, valve clearance (and decoke while I'm at
it as it still overruns), timing, battery,
alt charge, suspension, brake hoses, rad hoses, disks.
clean fuel pump, clean everything else.

I've done a few of those lately, but I've included them for completeness.

Is there anything I have missed, or you feel is worth doing while I'm at it?
(changing the steering rack bushes to
nylon I've heard is worth doing) I would appreciate any advice.

Ben
'69 Herald 1200 with 1500 Dolomite engine