Thanks

To: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thanks
From: JimG1375@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:05:18 -0400 (EDT)
>Jim,

>Thanks for all your suggestions. In retrospect I suspect that I could
>have solved my leak problem by trying to analyze exactly what was
>causing the leak and attacking that.

>However, I did decide the rebuild rout since I only wanted to deal with
>the carbs once if possible. I got all the parts locally (a supplier here
>stocks Moss rebuild kits) and was able to do the rebuild in a weekend
>(my first time, next time will be much quicker). I just tuned the carbs
>today and took the car out for a spin.

>Needless to say the difference in awesome. Apart from the lack of leaks,
>the car runs much smoother. It is quite a nitceable difference. I would
>highly recommend a rebuild if your carbs are fairly old and the rest of
>your car is tuned up (ie. ignition and valves). You will be quite
>pleased.

>It would definitely make a great winter project. Only down side is that
>you'd have to wait til spring to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

>Take care,

>Peter Zaborski
>76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
>Calgary AB Canada

Peter,
Thanks for your response.  I was wondering how you did that weekend.

BTW, how much labor would you say it took you to rebuild both carbs?  Just
trying to judge when I should go through with it.  I have looked at the
Haynes manual pretty carefully, including the weird notes under each picture,
and feel pretty comfortable with what lies ahead.

As for not being able to test the carbs after a winter rebuild, we are
blessed with a pretty good climate here in San Jose.  Except for rain and a
paint job this winter, I anticipate keeping the TR4 on the road most of the
time!

Thanks again for the information.

Jim Gerakaris
63 TR4 CT28595L (temporarily very ugly)