More carpet information

Subject: More carpet information
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:06:48 -0500
Hi all!

I got so many responses to my post about carpet that I did some
additional research and came up with this:

The carpet company is Newark Auto Carpet (800)275-4695 (probably not a
Canadian #).  They only sell to distributors, and will not sell to
individuals -- please don't even try.

There are only two distributors in Canada who handle their carpet, and
they are:
DNR Distribution -- Granby, Quebec; (514)372-4940
TZ Enterprises -- Kelowna (may be near Vancouver); (604)765-3875

Pep Boys in the U.S. handles their carpet as well.  Their corporate
number is (800)8PepBoys, and they can tell you if there is a Pep Boys
near you.

Newark Auto Carpet makes carpets for the Spitfire, GT6, TR 2, 3, 4, 6,
7, and 8.  I tried to research the prices on each individual car, but
Pep Boys said they have to call the company with part numbers and
specific car information, plus there are (I think) three grades of
carpet and several options that all cost differently.  Newark wouldn't
give out price info since they sell to distributors and the distributors
mark them up to make a profit.  Suffice it to say you can get a good
carpet in many different color choices for well under $200 -- probably
well under $150.  I believe mine was about $120 or so.  Call your local
distributor and check for your individual car.  And don't be afraid to
ask for samples -- any carpet seller should either have them up for you
to see or can mail them to you.

I hope this helps more!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   %)