Re: DASH CRASH PAD, GT6

Subject: Re: DASH CRASH PAD, GT6
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:15:56 -0500
> FWIW, the Accu-Form brand overlay I got from Moss looks and fits really well
>on my Spit, much nicer than some I've seen.
>
> Atwell Haines
> '79 Spitfire FM96062
> '88 Lotus Esprit
> '88 Mustang 5.0

Hi all!

I have a comment about Coverlays (which may or may not extend to
Accu-Form) -- I had GREAT success with one for my (past) 1977 Spit -- it
fit well and was made well, and looked GREAT!  But, for those of you in
my case, with a 1968 Mk3 Spit, there is a cover advertised for that
year, but it will not fit the car.  The dash comes out toward the driver
over the fascia in the middle (where all the gauges are) and is not
straight all the way across.  The cover is straight all the way across
and will not fit the car corrctly.

If looking from above down onto the dash pad:

1968:

Other years:

Nigel at British Parts NW was calling the 1968 dash extension an
"eyebrow."  He said he thinks they are working on a correct dash cover
for the car.

Hope this helps!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   %)