That nasty window spring

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: That nasty window spring
From: Leif Johnston <leifj@proxicom.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 13:41:20 -0400
I was trying to fix a non rolling window over the weekend on the TR4
and  I can't find any info on how the spring fits back in.  Obviously
when the crank came out the spring sprung loose.  I sought to postion it
losely in place and the window went beyond the bounds of the channel.
When I put it in with some tension, it was out of the gear range for
cranking.

Needless to say this is an annoying problem for which I can find no
releif in the manuals.

Any help is appreciated.
Leif
--

Leif Johnston
'62 TR4 - CT3729L (maybe a daily driver one day??)