emissions and HP

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: emissions and HP
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 20:33:38 -0500 (EST)
In light of my and others' comments about emissions controls and engine
horsepower, I propose an event to be held at car gatherings.  It could
actually be divided into two events.  The first would require that all
cars meet the emissions requirements and have all the factory-installed
emissions equipment.  The other would be more open, requiring only that
the emissions requirements be met.  How this would be done would be up to
the individual entrant.  In either case the standards would be based on
the requirements in the particular state in which the event were held, or
those of a nearby state, in the event that state hosting the event did
not have emissions testing.  One would assume that the requirements would
be based on those in effect at the time of the car's importation at any
rate.
This event might serve to emphasize that clean emissions and engine power
are not mutually exclusive.  Thank you for listening to my suggestions.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)
Bloomington, IN