painting air cleaner & valve cover

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: painting air cleaner & valve cover
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 00:12:51 -0600
Thanks to the replies I received concerning the right color to paint the
air cleaner assembly for a TR6 (Ford Argent or Duplicolor T129). I now
know what paint to get.

But...

I have never painted any metal items before. Shoudl I strip off the old
paint?

How do I do this? I have no sand/bead blaster, no chemical bath etc.
What do people generally do? Perhaps I can even just paint over the
original paint - it isn't very bad, just a little scratched up?

What do the paint experts have to say about this one?

Thanks for any help...

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada