TR4 Question - Trunk Board

To: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: TR4 Question - Trunk Board
From: "Brian S. Thomas" <thomasb@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:17:02 -0400
Hi:

For those TR4/4A owners who have original trunk boards (and hardware)
covering the spare tire, I have a couple of questions.

I've managed to have fabricated the metal pieces that fit the aspenite
board at the front and rear.  At the front, the metal piece viewed from the
side is backward "L" shaped with the small part of the "L" fitting under
the board and the longer part running upward (I think).

The first question concerns where the "long" part fits in relation to the
board that hides the gas tank (i.e. in front or behind?).

A second question asks what the two holes (in the upward part) are for.  If
these are bolted to something, the hinging effect must surely be limited!?

A final question concerns colour - two poor originals used as patterns
appear to have the metal pieces painted gloss black.  The colour of the
board is in question.  One was painted signal red (likely as part of a
re-paint) - the other is flat black.  What do you have?

Following is a couple of attempts at ASCII art to illustrate my questions:

1. view of trunk board from side showing rear and front metal pieces:

__                                             |
|                                              |
|----------------------------------------------|
|_   __                                       _|
  |_|

rear                                              front

2. view of front metal piece showing holes in question. Assume bottom
line is aspenite board (viewed from rear of car).
     /     0                                        0     \

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

Brian S. Thomas                 e-mail: ThomasB@Post.QueensU.Ca
Co-ordinator, Info. Systems     v-mail: 613-545-2228
Computing Centre                   fax: 613-545-2168
Queen's University                home: 613-542-8110
Kingston, Ontario CANADA K7L 3N6  toys: '54 TR2,'56 TR3,'67 TR4A,'80 TR8