Re: Re[2]: BAAAAD GAAAAS <Pine.HPP.3.91.970812203547.22338B-

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: BAAAAD GAAAAS <Pine.HPP.3.91.970812203547.22338B-100000@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:56:10 PDT
>>>James Charles Ruwaldt said:
 >      I wasn't aware that so many different colors were added to gas.
 > The most I'd heard of was yellow for automotive, blue for aviation.

The blue is just 100LL aviation fuel; in pilot training you learn that there
are more types.  Some planes can use ordinary motor fuel, but an STC is
required (A "Supplemental Type Certificate" to show that your aircraft has
been "modified" in a certain approved way; the mogas STC is usually just
paperwork, and the fee pays the company that did the work to show that mogas
won't hurt your particular plane).

It's interesting too, that aviation fuel is typically formulated to be very
stable in storage, since some planes will sit for months between flights.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center