Tr 250/6 Rear Axel

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tr 250/6 Rear Axel
From: Ken Brown (Kenneth Brown) <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 10:23:13 -0800
Hello TR gurus,

While replacing the U Joints on my rear axel I notice that one of the bearing
caps had an extremely large amount of play in it, so much that I could push the
old bearing cap out with my hands and slide the new one in without any effort.
To top it off there is a significant gouge taken out of the inner yoke and file
marks galore. Obviously the part is not worth a #@% and needs to be replaced.

Anyone on the list have a spare female end to the drive shaft (the sliding
member closest to the diff, TRF part # 140749, plate BK3) that they might want
to let go of. My hubs have had the bearings replaced recently so I only need
the yoke and inner shaft . I assume that if I do find the part I will need to
balance the shaft. Any insights?

Thanks in advance, this list has been a saving grace, thanks to all that have
helped in the past!

New motto: expect the worst, hope for the best
Ken
TR 250
Nor Calif.