Re: Swing Spring

To: "Dave H." <nowin4me@telis.org>
Subject: Re: Swing Spring
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:05:47 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Scions of Lucas <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>
On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Dave H. wrote:

> To bring you up to speed, I have the full rear suspension from a '77 Spit
> and have real bad negative camber on my '66 Herald. We tried the cable
> trick to compensate but the camber is too severe. So it's time to change
> the spring.

BTW, I assume you meant real bad POSITIVE camber -- wheels much further
apart from each other at the top. A respectable NEGATIVE camber would be
pretty good for a performance Herald. In fact, that (coupled with a
stiffer spring) is pretty much what many tuners and racers strove for
before the advent of either compensator or swing-spring.

--Andy