Re: Dim hi beam-TR6

To: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Dim hi beam-TR6
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:55:16 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Keith Ehrlich wrote:

> Scions-
>
> I'm no electrician ( worse as a plumber ) but I'm willing to risk it with
>help.
> My left headlight is dim ( about 1/2 brightness) on hi-beam. Right lamp is
>nice
> and bright on hi and both are nice and bright at lo-beam setting. Its been
>like
> this since I bought the car last fall so I have no trail as to how or when it
> got that way.
>
> Any idea's where and how  I should start looking for the source or the order
>of
> probability? I'd rather not spend the money on bulb or switch before other
> possibilites are eliminated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Keith Ehrlich
> 74TR6

It's either the lamp or the ground for the lamp. I'd bet on the lamo,
but check the ground by bypassing it with a separate wire to the same
point as the ground of the correctly working lamp first.

Also try swapping left for right lamps and see if the problem stays
withe the lamp or with the car.

This way you won't spend anything until you know what it is.

George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L
(getting ready to paint)