Re: Jacking Spits

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Jacking Spits
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 06:31:29 -0700
>how they had a method for jacking up their Spitfire.  It
>involved using a 4x4 piece of wood that spanned the front frame and
>allowed both wheels to be piced up at the same time, and for the back
**********************************
Is there any other way <G>?  I've always used the front crossmember to jack
up the front of the car.  Just put a piece of 3/4 thick about 12 inches
long and 3 inches wide, pine or other such board to distribute the load and
keep from dimpling the frame with the jack.  Position the jack centrally
and lift.  In the rear you can do the same at the rear crossmember or place
the jack under the diff and lift.  Been do'in this for the 23+ years I've
owened Triumphs.  The biggest problem is finding a jack that fits under the
car at these locations!

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )