Speaking of diffs.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speaking of diffs.
From: Chuck Simons <clsimons@simons.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 11:27:43 -0500
I need to take the plunge and replace or rebuild the diff. on my 72 MKIV.

With this car being the wife's daily driver, It can't be up on jack stands
any longer than necessary.
If I buy a rebuilt one, All I have to do is the swap. If I do the rebuild,
I'm afraid there will be a part I forgot to order, or did not even know was
there and then I have to wait for the part. (Read: unhappy wife)

V.B. has a 3.89 diff listed for 550.00

My haynes manual say the stock ratio is 4.11
Is there a problem dropping in a 3.89? my logic says it should give me a
little lower rpms at the same road speed.

I'm in the process of checking with MOSS & TRF to see if they have the diff
available.

I guess I'm just looking for a little advice in this venture.

Thanks.

Chuck..

Chuck & Karen Simons
L.A. (Lower Arkansas)