Re: Synthetic oil change intervals/German aviation terms

Subject: Re: Synthetic oil change intervals/German aviation terms
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 12:16:04 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Jack I. Brooks wrote:

> I know I am going to catch flack for this one, but.....
>                            ^^^^^
I just thought I'd point out, especially with the all the aeronautic
discussions going on, "flak" is the correct spelling.  It's an acronym
for Fliegerabwehrkanone, anti-aircraft cannon.  I assume the term first
came into existence in World War II, although it may even date back to
World War I.  I suppose I'll catch flak for the spelling correction.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)
Bloomington, IN