Spitfire rear spoiler...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire rear spoiler...
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:57:35 -0400
(Purists, press the Delete key now please....)

Okay so originality is not a really strong motivator for me, and I
wanted a small spoiler for the back of my '77 Spit, so I've spent the
last few months measuring OEM spoilers in parking lots and such..
Everything has been either too big, or shaped funny, or designed for a
curved mounting surface.

Well, whilst poking around at my favorite wrecking yard I found a
spoiler off an '89 Hyundai that is exactly the right width, height,
contour and style!  I mean, it's almost unnatural!   The rear edge
matches the line of the rear of the car almost exactly, the turndowns on
the side are radiused exactly as the tops of the quarter panels.  It's
got a 3rd brake lamp in the center that blends back into the spoiler in
the front leaving plenty of room to reach the trunk release..

The concourse crowd is probably cringing at the thought of it, but it
does look really cool!  I'll post some pix to my web site and let the
list know when they're there.

John

--
Come see us on the Web!