Wanted - TR4A Speedometer

To: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Wanted - TR4A Speedometer
From: "Brian S. Thomas" <thomasb@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:38:20 -0400
Our '67 TR4A is back on the road after a two year "restoration".  Some
interior work remains but this WILL be completed this month.

One problem is the original speedometer has stopped working.  For a while
the speed function was present, but the odometer did not move.  Yesterday,
the speed stopped registering.  I'll be checking the new cable, but I think
it is time to look for a replacement unit.

Does anyone have a working non-OD speedometer for a TR4/4A (part # 209182,
I believe) they are willing to part with?  The drive to Stowe this fall
will be
much more enjoyable if my wife can check how fast we're going!

Later,

Brian

Brian S. Thomas                 e-mail: ThomasB@Post.QueensU.Ca
Co-ordinator, Info. Systems     v-mail: 613-545-2228
Computing Centre                   fax: 613-545-2168
Queen's University                home: 613-542-8110
Kingston, Ontario CANADA K7L 3N6  toys: '54 TR2,'56 TR3,'67 TR4A,'80 TR8