RE: results of judges at car show

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: results of judges at car show
From: tuu@cosmail3.ctd.ornl.gov (Tim Tucker)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:32:04 -0400
At 09:04 AM 8/15/97 -0500, Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 wrote:
> How else would you expect to raise the standard of the cars?
>As it stands now the only way you can get any information is the
> good old boy system or a kind judge that want
>to help you. And they and rare. My question is why is the rest of the
>Triumph population being penalized by the actions of an alcoholic from
>Florida? Why should all the others keep getting a black eye because of this
>stupid act some years back.

Richard,
I agree with you.  If the goal is truly the restoring of LBC's then positive,
constructive feedback is a must if maximum benefit is to be obtained from
the judging events.
While I have never had my TR4 at a VTR meet, my VW Converts have been in
several shows and
feedback is furnished.  I know my TR4 would get roasted because of all the
oil dripping from the body panels.
I started shooting the hard to reach places with oil when I bought the car
in '80.  I'll bet a judge heavily
frowns on that, but I have a TR4 with all original panels and VERY, VERY,
VERY little rust.  My point?  I've preserved the car,
but my frame isn't clean enough to eat off of and would score LOW.  Just my $.02

BTW, what did the drunk person do?

Tim
Kingston, Tennessee
'62 TR4 CT16063L