Bushings and sway bars

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bushings and sway bars
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 13:23:41 -0400 (EDT)
Listers;

Was doing some research on sway bars and bushings for my 1970 GT6+ and wanted
to pass along some information. J.C. Witney can't supply a sway bar for that
model even though Addco supplies one to Vickie Brit. The price for a Witney
bar is $89.50 and the Vickie Brit version is $169.95. Too bad, guess I'll
just have to pay the going rate.

Has anyone purchased Nylatron bushings from Vickie Btit? I need a set but the
customer service representative couldn't tell me if the bushing were for both
front and rear or just the front. When she checked her computer it just told
her that it was enough for one car. The photograph shows a bunch of bushings
and from my count it should be enough to do front and rear a-arms but at
$109.95 the set I'd like to be sure. They also couldn't tell me if the
bushing have steel sleeves.

I seem to be hampered in my attempts to get the parts for this project
together by a lack of technical information. TRF didn't have any and Good
Parts only has the inner bushings. Any help on this subject would be much
appreciated. I'm not interested in polyurethane bushings.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor Michigan
Winnipeg MB Canada