Re: Bushings and sway bars

To: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bushings and sway bars
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 19:41:45 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Was doing some research on sway bars and bushings for my 1970 GT6+ and wanted
>to pass along some information. J.C. Witney can't supply a sway bar for that
>model even though Addco supplies one to Vickie Brit.

Addco *definately* supplies the bar to JC Whitney.  The bars they make for
Spitfires are identical to the GT-6 bars they make.  The below is from Addco
factory sheets:

Spitfire
GT-6

Model                        Front Bar                 Rear Bar
Year               Footnote  Stock #  Dia   Footnote   Stock #  Dia

72-80 "1500"           7     707 NN   1"               235 AY   5/8"
All swing axle         7     826 NN   7/8"             926 AA   5/8"
All GT-6+              7     826 NN   7/8"             903 AY   5/8"
Alt Dia (swing axle & GT-6+)
                       7     707 BN   1"

Footnote seven means "This bar is a larger diameter then the factory bar, but
the same design as the orginal factory bar.  It requires the use of special
hardware that was factory installed for original factory bar.  This kit may not
contain all the hardware that is required for installation.  This bare cannot
be
used without the original hardware."

The phone number for Addco is (407) 844-2531.  You may want to call them to
make
absolutely certain that you are getting what you want when you order the
Spitfire bar through JC Whitney.