RE: Soft top windows & scratches

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: RE: Soft top windows & scratches
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:51:32 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Peter Zaborski wrote:

> Try a product called Meguiar's plastic polish (I don't have the product
> name quite correct but the brand Meguiar's is definitely correct). It is
> a two part process with part one being a bottle of cleaner/scratch
> remover and the second one being a polish. Meguiar's should be readily

OK, will look for it...

> BTW, unfortunately because this stuff really works well (at least on
> reasonable small scratches) it costs about $8 per bottle. But it does
> work if your windows are only slightly scratched up.

I'm really thinking about replacing the top, it's starting to perish very
quickly :-(

Which means I should probably also try to find the proper hood stick
assembly :-( :-(

Or else pay the boat shop guys lots of money and have them make a new top
(this will be at least the third for this car) :-( :-( :-(

Decisions, decisions...

-Malcolm

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.