Re: From Jim Gambony re judging results

To: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Subject: Re: From Jim Gambony re judging results
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 09:24:54 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Susan Hensley wrote:

> (Hi all!  Jim's server isn't letting him send mail out, so I am posting
> this for him -- Susan)
>
> Larry,
>
> When we were setting up the 1997 VTR National, our committee head on
> Judging
> agreed that the judging sheets should be shared with the competitors,
> BUT
> NOT AT THE SHOW!  Evidently there has been trouble at past shows with
> competitors becoming quite upset at the results and making life
> miserable
> for the judging staff.
>
> His suggestion is that at the show interested individuals could supply a
> self addressed stamped envelope, and results would be sent a month after
> the
> show.  That way emotion won't cloud objective evaluation of the sheets,
> and
> the competitor can be ready for next year's show.
>
> I don't know if the VTR would agree to this suggestion, but it'd be
> something for Minnesota to consider for next year.
>
> Jim Gambony
> Mad Man in McKinney
>
>  ----------
> From: triumphs-owner
> To: JGAMBO01
> Subject: results of judges at car show
> Date: Friday, August 15, 1997 12:04AM
>
> Dear group I feel we are missing a very important function of our car
> shows. We go not get our car point brake down from the judges.
> I understand in 1988 or what year there was a fist fight so vtr will
> not give our RECORD out with the fear of trouble. My Point is this
> is childish and by other means it is a breach
> of-------------------------. let you lawyers fill in the blanks.
> My suggestion to take of the above mail then.(if a stamp is a problem,
> i am sure this could be cured.
> What does the list think?
> Larrf
>
> Thanks
> Larry Scharff
> Friendswood Tx.
> 1967   TR4A

Listers in regards to judging, why not try the wat AACA does, after the
the show you mail a self add. env. to the head or chief judge and he will
send yiou a copy of score sheet minus the score only the defeciencies, so
you can figure out where to improve-on. NO POINTS ON THE SHEET. Next best
thing always carry your judging manual, so you can arbitrate right then &
there.