Re: My last shoot...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: My last shoot...
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 11:46:54 -0400
Barry Schwartz wrote:

> to visually see or find out if
> my head gasket is bad, or the head is actually warped? Local experts (lol)
> seem to be pointing the finger in that direction.
> **************************
> Along with the other suggestions, look at the radiator fluid, while the
> engine is running, radiator cap off,  (when cold or the usual precautions
> taken with hot fluid) If you see a lot of large bubbles ( cylinder pressure
> blowing into the cooling system) then the gasket is shot.
>
> Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA
>
> Bschwartz@encad.com
> 72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
> 70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
> 70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
> 73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )
NAPA auto parts markets a kit that lets you test for carbon monoxide in
the cooling system. Very simple to use and reasonably priced. consists
of a tube with a rubber seal that inserts into filler neck. A detection
fluid that goes into the tube. And a squeeze bulb to allow you to pull a
vacuum on the system. Will dectect rather small amounts of CO.

Good Luck
Bill