Re: Dirty wheel wells...what to do?- hypothetical answer

To: dynamic@transport.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dirty wheel wells...what to do?- hypothetical answer
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 20:36:39 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-16 04:35:09 EDT, dynamic@transport.com (Pete &
Aprille Chadwell) writes:

<< Do those pressure washers really do the
 trick,  hypothetically?  What can I expect to find once I spray off all the
 dirt?  BTW, Mike, I was born and raised in Lincoln.  (Hypothetically!)

 I guess the question is, how much is factory coating and how much is dirt?
 I always thought that if I could get rid of the dirt, it would basically
 look like the rest of the car.  Were the wheel wells painted body color, or
 were they black?  Or, was the body color painted over the coating?  >>

Pete-
Theoretically speaking, our wheel wells were painted body color and
under coating was applied over the hypothetically  painted surface
of the wheel well. Hypothetically, if you clean off ONLY the actual dirt
you will see the under coating - black or dark dark grey - not the body
color. Theoretically I would hypothetically guess that some of what
you might percieve to be dirt is actually dirt covered undercoating.
One could hypothetically squirt any household cleaner on a small area
and rub real hard to theoretically determine the depth of dirt vrs. depth
of undercoating.
Pressure washers can hypothetically do a great job of blasting the dirt
off wheel wells and other hidden areas - but be careful : theoretically
one could rent a pressure washer powerful enough to blast off the
undercoating as well - hypothetically speaking.
Cheers !
Jack Mc
CF870U - hypothetically a 73 TR6, even though it was mfg. in 1972