Re: Roll Bars & Flying Fan Blades

To: Ljbtvr@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Roll Bars & Flying Fan Blades
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 21:04:54 -0400 (EDT)
Larry,
I had the rather dubious displeasure to roll my racing Spitfire 4times after
an axle broke going into turn one at Summit Point in June. I had added a
strut forward to the firewall but otherwise all was as stock. I am here
today as a result of the integridy of the bar. Even after the violent test
mine had, I have, after very close inspection, found no cracks, splits or
failures of any sort. I have nothing but good things to say about the
Autopower bar in my car. It stood the test and passed. I know nothing about
the shop you speak of, but I would be inclined to agree with your belief
about their motive. I have installed 6 other Autopower bars in other cars
and have seen nothing to make me question their quality.
Best regards
Russ Moore
Fingerlakes Triumph Club