RE: Choke and other questions

To: "'Jim Altman'" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Subject: RE: Choke and other questions
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 19:35:23 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Jim,

I seem to recall a thread recently where there was a great debate on the
need to rotate the choke knob to lock the choke in the desired location.
My 76 does not require this but then it has no return springs on the
choke mechanism on the carb. I think the earlier TR6s had such springs
and thus a twist is needed to lock the choke in the desired position.

If this is the case with yours, I do not know the direction you must
rotate the knob. If there is nothing in the owner's manual (assuming you
have this), then proceed carefully in each direction and see if
something desireable occurs.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada