Patch panels vs. complete panel

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Patch panels vs. complete panel
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 07:36:14 -0700
Just finished installing (fitting) a lower rear quarter, right hand, front,
patch panel on the project ’70 Spitfire.  Almost finished with the entire
panel replacement, YEAH!!!  I've yet to replace the lower rear for the same
(the last of the panels, except for the  right door skin).  It took almost
the same amount of time as replacing the entire rear fender (wing) on the
left, and I haven't even replaced the lower rear as mentioned.  Part of
this was due to the poor quality of the patch panel, and I was not entirely
happy with the results, requiring filler :-{ (not yet applied) to get the
proper finish.  I kind of regret going this route on this side, and now
wish I had just replaced the entire rear fender as I did on the left.  Has
anybody else encountered this?

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )