Re: Patch panels vs. complete panel

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Patch panels vs. complete panel
From: Gt6nut@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 05:45:06 -0400 (EDT)

<< Subj:        Patch panels vs. complete panel
 Date:  97-08-18 11:24:46 EDT
 From:  bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
 Sender:        owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
 To:    triumphs@autox.team.net

 Just finished installing (fitting) a lower rear quarter, right hand, front,
 patch panel on the project ’70 Spitfire.  Almost finished with the entire
 panel replacement, YEAH!!!  I've yet to replace the lower rear for the same
 (the last of the panels, except for the  right door skin).  It took almost
 the same amount of time as replacing the entire rear fender (wing) on the
 left, and I haven't even replaced the lower rear as mentioned.  Part of
 this was due to the poor quality of the patch panel, and I was not entirely
 happy with the results, requiring filler :-{ (not yet applied) to get the
 proper finish.  I kind of regret going this route on this side, and now
 wish I had just replaced the entire rear fender as I did on the left.  Has
 anybody else encountered this?

 Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

 Bschwartz@encad.com
 72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
 70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
 70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
 73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler ) >>

Yep!,
I did the patch panels on both sides og my GT-6.
They didnt fit worth a danm. Had to use alot of bondo to get things straight.
I i had it to do again i would replace the whole panel. The difference in
cost just dosnt justify the amount of work and the quality of the finished
job in my mind.

Good Luck!

Dan Arrington(Near Portland,Oregon)
gt6nut@aol.com