A Web Resource For P.I. Owners?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A Web Resource For P.I. Owners?
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:23:07 -0700
Don Guthrie wrote:

Now to the point of this post. I'm planning to put together as
comprehensive a web resource as I can manage specifically on the
specifications, tuning and maintenance of Lucas PI systems. Why? Because
I've been frustrated at how unavailable this information is myself. Because
I think it's an area of tuning/maintenance that is not being done well (or
not being done at all) because of a lack of easily accessible information.
And because I've received a lot of help from the various Triumph resources
on the 'net, including this list, and I'd like to put something back.

Excellent idea.  As a matter of fact, Erik Quackenbush mentioned to me that
he was thinking of doing the same thing.  I suggest you two get together
and come up with some type of agreement on creating a web site for PI
Owners.  I am more than willing to pass along any documentation, notes,
hints, etc that would be of benefit to anyone owning a PI TR.  I am
fortunate enough to have a mate who owns a TR workshop in the UK.  He did a
super job on reconditioning and recalibrating my PI system.  Plus it gives
me a good "excuse" to take a trip across the pond and vica versa for him.
But I would greatly love to opportunity to further understand and maybe
even undertake working with the PI metering unit.  Even moreso, just to be
in contact with other PI owners would make my LBC more enjoyable and easier
to keep on the road.

Cheers,

Dave,
San Diego, Calilfornia