Re: my alternator died (sniff) - please help ASAP - '79 Spit

To: eddinsk@nriso.nola.navy.mil, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: my alternator died (sniff) - please help ASAP - '79 Spit
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 22:37:37 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-18 09:40:27 EDT, eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL writes:

> What would be your suggestion on the fix.  I can go to AutoZone and get
>  a "lifetime guaranteed" alternator for around $60.  Or, I can order one
>  from VickyB for about $100 (Yow!).  Or, I can try to fix it myself or have
>  it rebuilt.

Kevin:

No question in my mind - I'd go with the Auto-Zone unit. I don't believe you
can fix one any cheaper. Actually, if it were me, I'd replace it with a GM
unit, and be done with it. A GM unit also comes with a lifetime warranty, and
costs about $30, plus a $15 core charge.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74