Re: (Q) Shops in the Denver area

To: Mark Stahlke <mstahlke@denver.infi.net>
Subject: Re: (Q) Shops in the Denver area
From: David Mangano <davem1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 08:05:27 -0600
Cc: Michael Burdick <mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu>, Scions of Lucas <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mark Stahlke wrote:

> On 18-Aug-97, Michael Burdick wrote:
> >A friend of mine just bought a Spitfire and needs to have a little
> work
> >done on it.  He lives in the Denver area (Denver, Colorado that is)
> and
> >would like to know if there are any good shops around.  He needs a
> tuneup
> >so that he can get it smogged, and an alignment.
>
> >Any help would be appreciated.  He is new to LBCs and I'd hate for
> him to
> >get turned off right off the bat!  You can reply to me and I'll relay
> >him.
>
> >Thanks!
> >Mike Burdick
> >Omaha NE
>
> Mike,
>    I live in the Denver area (Aurora). I have heard Our Garage highly
> recommended by a member of the Rocky Mountain Triumph Club. I have no
> personal
> experience with this shop.
>    Tell your friend to AVOID A&B Auto Works. I have had work done
> there and I
> was unhappy.
>
> Mark

 Mike,

I have had my TR-6 worked on at A&B and Our Garage. I would recommend
avoiding both. My experience with A&B, many years ago, was that their
repairs were not always done correctly (i.e. it took three tries to
repair my clutch). The guys at Our Garage are nice enough, but when I
went to have my brake master replaced, they did not want to use the
Roadster factory part (they claimed they never heard of or used them
before?) and instead said I would have to purchase the master cylinder
from them. The part cost almost $150 more than purchasing it from
Roadster factory.

I think that in Denver, the most reliable group are the old "Kats" guys
on south Santa Fe Drive. Unfortunately I don't remember their new name.
They use to specialize in Jaguars. I have gotten great service from them
in the past.

Dave