Re: TR6 Bump stops

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@vtetv.org>
Subject: Re: TR6 Bump stops
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 11:49:07 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Merone wrote:

> The late model TR6 went to 2 different types of bump stops for the
> trailing arm and wheel well body. One is shorter, rounder, and softer
> than the other. The question is... which goes where and does it make a
> difference?

Off the top of my head, the old style one was kept on
the trailing arms (the bump stop), but the one mounted
to the chassis frame to contact the shock arm (rebound
stop) was the newer design.

The taller, harder, half-egg-shaped stop goes on the
trailing arm.  The shorter, rounder, softer stop
goes on the chassis frame to contact the shock arm.

At least that's how I remember it, but my memory is
somewhat foggy in this area, as my most recent suspension
work has been on my '70, which used the same stops in
both places.

--ken
'70 & '74 TR6 Daily Drivers
CC52958 & CF27535