Re: TR250 exhaust

To: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: TR250 exhaust
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 14:02:48 -0400
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, lang@isis.mit.edu
Tomislav Marincic wrote:

>  The dual branch exhaust is a bolt-on mod for a TR250
> or early TR6, according to the 6-tech manual. I have a
> later manifold that I just got back from Jet-Hot that
> I intend to put on my TR250 when my exhaust gives up the
> ghost. The intake manifolds are not interchangable,
> according to 6-tech. (I'm assuming here that you're
> using an early, original head).

I talked to Bob Lang about this a few months ago, and
he indicated that even though the late/early exhausts
bolt up fine, that there are some very minor differences
in the placement of the ports, as he had recently been
through this.   It may be (as you mention) that the
changes are only with the intake manifold and not with
the exhaust manifold.  When Bob and I were talking about
it, we knew that there were some differences, but I
don't recall if they were limited to the intake manifold,
or also included the exhaust manifold.  (Of course, to
further complicate the situation, the intake/exhaust
manifolds share a single gasket -- a simple comparison
between early and late manifold gaskets should make
the compatibility of either manifold from early to
late completely clear.)

For what it's worth, I have a '70 TR6 with the late
dual exhaust on it, but the change was done by a
previous owner, so I'm not sure what was involved, or
if any discernable performance difference was noted.

--ken
'70 & '74 TR6 Daily Drivers

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com