Kind of a delurk and request for help/info

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Kind of a delurk and request for help/info
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 13:28:04 -0700
Hi everyone,

I've posted to the list before but I guess this is an official
delurk. Last weekend I went out and bought a '58 TR3A, commission
number is TS31476 L. Now I hope you all won't get fed up with
all the inevitable questions which are going to come up. Hopefully
it won't be too bad since I've owned two '56 TR3's in the past
but this is the first TR3A and the other cars were a lot newer
when I had them.

I guess the first question I have is what are people doing for seatbelts
in TR3's? 3 point belts would be nice if the angle of the shoulder
belt wasn't so extreme that it would cause major spine damage in the
event of a head on collision. Anyone know of a good place to attach the
shoulder belt? I seem to remember someone (Andy Mace?) mentioning that
they had a factory template or something which showed the mounting
points for the lap belt. One problem I've had is that I'm a pretty tall
person and need to have the back of the seat pushed all the way back
against the inner wheelwell. On a lot of the cars I've sat in the belts
are mounted too far forward and the seat can't go back far enough.

The temp. gauge on the car need to go to the shop (Palo Alot
Speedometer) for some work and I was wondering if anyone knows
of an inexpensive, temporary replacement sending unit and gauge I
can install while this is being done? Lacking that, does anyone
know what the thread size is on the thermostat housing where
the bulb screws in?

I'm also looking for the following parts:

    Center, left and right capping for the tonneau rail.
    Moss part numbers are 854-190, 802-490 and 802-480.

    Dash Rail (the trimmed capping on the edge of the scuttle
    above the dash). No Moss part number for this one.

    Vent pull escutcheon. This is the little chrome plate
    around the vent pull knob. Moss part number is 633-640.

    Straight stayrod assemblys for both the trunk (802-630) and the
    bonnet (802-610).

Anyone have a parts car which may still have these parts on it? It
would be nice if the capping and dash rail were upholstered or at
least had enough of the upholstery left so I can tell how to fold/fit
the new stuff.

Final question for today (I hope). Does anyone know of where to
find a good assortment of the types of chromed screws used to
attach trim pieces and other doo-dads on these cars? Both sheet
metal and machine type screws? I know Moss sells some of these but
I imagine that they're pretty pricey when buying small quantities.

Hope I haven't overloaded people with all these questions but things
should get better.

Thanks in advance,
Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com

TS31476 (Always wanted to have one of these here :-)