RE: Spitfire clutch stuck disengaged - easy fix

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Kevin B. Rhodes'" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Spitfire clutch stuck disengaged - easy fix
From: "Nicholls, Clark" <cnicholl@lawson.epri.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:54:46 -0400
Here's the senerio that happened to me, probably never to anyone else.
If you diagnose it as being that the slave cylinder/hydraullics are
stuck disengaging the clutch and bleeding the line to the master doesn't
release the clutch, try loosening the pinch bolt that holds the slave in
place.

I had installed a new slave last year and apparently overtightened it.
This year the slave bound up when I disengaged the clutch after backing
out of the garage(see previous pinch bolt post last month).  After much
diagnosis and consternation, I went about removing the slave by starting
to remove the pinch bolt.  "Clunk" went the clutch as it was released.

Hope you're as lucky!
Clark