Re: Fwd: 1980 TR7 (conv) brakes

To: Rabsim@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: 1980 TR7 (conv) brakes
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:58:29 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Rabsim@aol.com wrote:

> I have not seen my posting on the digest., Perhaps I Mis-sent it. Could my
> problem possibly be brake-fade? I was not travelling at a high rate of speed..
> I was mostly in traffic. The problem disappeared when the car cooled down but
> I'm afraisd to drive it when it is hot..

By the sounds of your problem, I would guess that the brake lines or
calipers have water in them. When things are cool, the water isn't
compressible. When the water boils after lots of stops, the steam
compresses and the pedal goes to the metal (so to speak). After cooling,
things get better. Just as a first step, try bleeding. Its cheap and
doesn't take a lot of time.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill ,Ontario