Re: Weber ?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Weber ?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:03:53 -0700
David C.  writes:

>Here is the question ...
>I will pull off the ZS.
>I would like to replace it with a Weber.
>I do not race my Spit but I dive it hard.
>I run it at highway speed and I dive it fast
>on the back roads.  Will I notice a difference between
>the DGV and the DCOE.
David,
If you haven't modified your engine with a 'bigger' cam, ported head,
higher compression,  exhaust extractor, free flowing exhaust, perfect
ignition or electronic with a hotter coil, etc. then using a DCOE will only
degrade performance, and be a dog off the line.  The DGV however, if
properly tuned, can enhance performance over the standard single Stromberg
150.  I personally don't care for the manifold arrangement (not a straight
shot), looking rather inefficient but there’s really no other choice given
the height restrictions.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )