Brake fade when hot

To: Rabsim@aol.com
Subject: Brake fade when hot
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 07:52:18 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I have not seen my posting on the digest., Perhaps I Mis-sent it. Could my
>problem possibly be brake-fade? I was not travelling at a high rate of >speed.
>I was mostly in traffic. The problem disappeared when the car cooled down
>but I'm afraisd to drive it when it is hot.

Maurice,

Sounds a lot like water in the calibers.  When the brakes get hot the water
boils, turn to steam and acts like an air pocket.  At cooler temperatures,
the water is a liquid, like hydraulic fluid and it works fine.

I've never experieiced it, but hear others talk about it.  When was the last
time the brakes were bled?

Jack