More on spin ons

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More on spin ons
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 23 Aug 97 18:40:00 EDT
Listers-

 I had planned to install my Mocal spin-on adaptor this weekend when by chance
it was preceded by this past weeks thread on the subject so I figued I'd share
my experience. The adaptor was bought from Moss.

I am pleased to report that the installation went smoothly and relatively
quickly-about 30 Minutes.. Most of the time was spent removing the fuel pump and
tach line to make enough clearance to get the old filter bell housing out. Good
riddance!  Clearance around the spin-on filter ( Fram for the moment) is fine.
I used the larger outside o-ring provided by Mocal in the kit ( which was the
same as the stock one that I removed.) No leaks are detectable anywhere after 50
miles or so of driving. Oil pressure is somewhat higher, though I don't think
its really added much more than 5 lbs ( I was running just under 50 at cruising
speeds fully warmed up, now a little over 50). There seems to be a little more
upside at idle.

Anyway, there you go. Easy, cheap, done.

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6